CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, June 12, 2008

Catch up



ELISE IS CRAWLING!!! She finally decided that she wanted to get around herself (up to this point she has been our lil' princess and just wanted to be carried everywhere). She loves the little bit more freedom. And Lissy is so cute when she crawls, it is still very dainty and methodical. She only crawls to get a specific item that she wants (usually mom).

I know, I know many of you mom's out there are saying 'What, crawling, my baby is walking and is only six months.' Mason was walking by 10 months, but Lissy isn't in any hurry and honestly I'm happy about that. I've always been in too much of a hurry to get onto the next stage of life sometimes I miss what is happening now and I look back and wonder where it all went. I don't want to do that with my kids. I still can't believe Mason is going to be four next month--where did all that time go?

Elise has also had a bad ear infection the last week and has been extremely clingy to Mommie, she would scream at daddy any time he tried to hold her if mommie was in the room. All of this is somewhat satisfing as a Mommie. Mason was never very attacted to Mommie-even now as soon as Sacrament meeting is over he takes himself to primary with us trying to catch up to him just to kiss him goodbye. I love how different my kids are, they are so unique and wonderful in their own ways.

I also realized that I have never mentioned that John got Lasic on his eyes a few weeks ago. He is doing great and loving the fact that he never has to worry about finding or wearing glasses or contacts ever again. I wanted to do it too, but was informed that you can't if your nursing and for at least 3 months after you've stopped nursing. So maybe I will get to later this year.

My baby sister is getting married Aug 2nd! We are so happy and excited for her. She has found a wonderful man, Travis Partridge. And the REALLLY strange thing is Travis has the same birthday as my husband, John and my other sister's husband Brandon. So all three brother-in-laws have the same birthday. Also all of their last names are nouns: Hill, Furr, and Partridge.


I just started teaching a water aerobic class two nights a week, which is great! It's fun and makes me feel energized all week. Tuesday we had 20 ladies show up and we had a good workout. I'm hoping to get back to my pre-pregnancy weight by my sister's wedding.

Well, I think that's all the big news...more to come.

5 comments:

jess said...

what cuties you have! i can't believe mason is almost 4! wow!! you sure had a head start on your mamita! hope you guys are having fun in vegas.

Dave and Candace said...

That is so neat that you're teaching water aerobics - good for you! I agree that you shouldn't be in a hurry for your kids to do things - they change so fast and when they're grown we'll wish we hadn't been in such a hurry for them to grow up. Thanks for asking about Emily - she seems to be doing okay. I was able to talk to her a little at the viewing, but not for long so it was hard to get an idea of how she really was - and I can't begin to imagine what she's going through. She is an amazing person. Thanks for asking.

Lyndee W. said...

Sound like life is treating you well! I didn't know that John and Candy's husband had the same birthday...that's a cool tidbit!

Bawden's said...

Wow I didn't know Steph was getting married, I'm very excited for her.

Buell Fam said...

Aubrey didn't crawl til she was almost 10 months. Now she is almost 14 months and has just started taking a couple steps here and there. She is not in a hurry either! Your kids are just so cute. Tell Stephanie Congratulations!! That's a trip that all the husbands have the same birthday!