My friend Aubrey has encourage me through her own blog to be open and honest about my feelings on what is happening in our troubled world (Thanks Aubrey!)
I have thought a lot about our troubled world lately. To begin with I would like to share something I wrote in my journal a few months ago...
"The Great Generation Can Save Us NO MORE!
The Great generation and the baby boomers are trying to save their children and grandchildren by rescuing them from the natural consequences of their decisions, both good and bad.
In the process of 'rescuing' us the consequences are only prolonged and in the end it is only more difficult to bear. To forebear tribulation without the proper, daily gained strength built over long periods of time, tribulation almost becomes unbearable in the end. Generations X and Y (people born in the 80's and 90's) are not strong enough to overcome and support themselves through their trials because our parents and grandparents have not allowed us to take care of our problems and mistakes-they simply clean up the mess by sweeping it under the rug and refusing to acknowledge it. THAT IS NOT HELPING US! THAT IS HURTING US! Children do need love and support, but they DO NOT need their consequences removed.
Consequences are a natural part of life, nay, the most important aspect of Eternal progression. Consequences CAN NOT be removed, only delayed for a time. At long last each and every person will be forced by nature itself to withstand their trials alone. Far too many of generation X and Y are not prepared. Far too many will not have the developed strength to overcome on their own, nor will they know how to turn to their God for Grandpa, Grandma, Mom and/or Dad were their deliverance, their savior. Rather than turning to the true deliverer they have turned to the Great Generation and they can not longer save the child.
Parents and Grandparents PLEASE teach your children who our Savior is and how to turn to Him who can Always save. Don't teach them to run from consequences, but to embrace them as our best and greatest teachers. The only thing we can take with us after this life is our wisdom and knowledge. Don't run from experience. Don't fear failure, failure is only achieved when hope and faith are gone forever. PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE stop trying to rescue us from our mistakes, let us learn from them and become better and stronger so that when the really big trials come we are capable of overcoming them. Support us by holding our hand, not by removing the obstacle.
I fear that the great trials are already upon us and far too many are not prepared. We are facing the obstacles, in far greater proportion, than even the Great Generation were forced to face. Will we succeed as they did?? I pray that we do. I pray that we have the needed strength of spirit, the strength of hope, the strength of faith, to overcome all that is bearing down upon us. But we can't look to Grandpa, we MUST LOOK HEAVENWARD!
Oh the Pressure
11 years ago



5 comments:
AMEN!!!!!
Hey! Got your message last night. I ran for the phone but just missed it. Sorry! Anywho...I'm sad you're not coming...it would've been fun to hang out for awhile. I'm sure Sean and Mason would've had fun. I hope everyone feels better soon!
Thanks so much, ya we're a little sad too-one of these times it's going to work out I am sure. I'm Sorry if it caused you any inconvience.
I couldn't agree more. My uncle always laughs because I constantly tell Erica "Make good choices" or "what's your choice" and then I always talk to her about consequences. He thinks it's fad parenting but I just think it's important for kids to realize how to make choices and that consequences are real.
Well said Angelina. You are a very talented writer - and I think you make a very convincing and thought provoking point. Thanks for sharing.
Post a Comment