CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Lake Arrowhead & San Diego

My sweet sister, Stephanie, had some free time, so she came down and watched the kids for a long weekend so that John and I could get away....and where do you go when you live in Vegas and have a few days??? California!!



John grew up in the Mountains above LA, in Lake Arrowhead.













And his parents still own this timeshare, so we stayed one night.








It is SO beautiful, like Park City or Midland in UT. The whole community is built around the private lake, so the roads just go around and around the lake.















The town center is SO cute! It has the feel of the Swiss alps(I would imagine from pictures, since I haven't been there yet)

I just LOVE how peaceful it is. This is the Lake: (it's not usually so foggy)












Then the next day we drove down the mountain (Like 6 thousand feet!) to San Diego and stayed right on the beach.













I love the sound of the ocean and watching the sail boats...John and I debated the scenario that if we were millionaires would we prefer a sail boat or a yacht. Which would you pick??

We stopped to get gas and this car pulled up next to us, it's a 1934...(or was it '36) Ford!

There were tons of these gorgeous purple trees everywhere and I had never seen them before.(the picture is not great because I took it while we were driving.)

1 comments:

Lyndee W. said...

That is a really cool tree! I wonder what it is? I love the pier at the lake...how cool would it be to get a family picture or engagements there?