CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, April 24, 2009

Easter 2009!!


We had a GREAT easter! Saturday our friends Mike & Amanda invited us to an egg hunt & barbecue at the park by their house. Thanks again-it was so much fun!














Lissy had her first experience in actually finding eggs on her own. She loved it!






And Mason LOVE finding eggs so much that we had to keep having egg hunts for a week.

















Here is my gorgeous hubby...I'm SO blessed to have you!!
Sunday afternoon Ben & Emily invited us and some other friends that don't have family in town over for a potluck & easter egg hunt. All in all it was a GREAT EASTER!!

Sunday morning we watched the cartoon version of Christ's Crucifixion & Resurrection. I want to take a moment to express my love for the Savior of the World, My Savior. There would be no point to life or death without Jesus Christ. Because of Christ's perfect atonement we can become One with God, we can repent of all our sins, which brings exquisite peace. Because of our Lord's suffering and death He alone knows how to uplift us in our troubles, sorrows, and pain, for He himself has felt everything we have felt. We are NEVER alone, He stands with out strectched hands beckoning us to come to Him. I love my Savior so much, and I wish that I wasn't SO weak as to need moments like Easter to have to be reminded of how much I need Him. 'Please Lord forgive my absence from thee'.

As I watched the scene when Mary Magdalene is crying at the tomb fearing that her Lord has been taken and then the joy she has as He appears to her in a glorified, perfected body, I am overwhelmed. How much He has done for ME! How much He offers me if I will follow Him! I know that someday all mankind will be resurrected and given perfect bodies, not because somehow we earned it or deserve it, but because our Savior is that merciful and kind, because He loves us that much! I tease John when he asks what he can do for me when I'm in pain by saying that I'm ready for my perfect body now, but I am truelly overhelmed in the knowledge that someday there will be no more pain or sorrow or fear. There will be no more death.


How I look forward to the day when my brother, Jesus will embrace me and welcome me home. I know that I have much to accomplish first and pray for Him to help in making me worthy to come home and live in God's presence forever.

1 comments:

Lyndee W. said...

I love that you had to have egg hunts for a week! That's so funny! Beautiful testimony!