CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, April 23, 2009

Emily's Baby Shower




Aurie & I gave our friend Emily a surprise baby shower! It was SO much fun because she was totally & completely surprised! She was also very touched-which makes it all worth it! We love you Em.




As an update, Little Anna was born April 19th, 2009 after 30+ hrs of labor. An Emily was able to deliver vaginally-which she was REALLY excited about doing after having Kate c-section (tid-bit of history lesson...does anyone know why it's called ceasarian?)








Ton's of the ladies from the ward showed up to support Emily-

THANK YOU EVERYONE FOR COMING!! We had fun learning more about each of you





This is the 'clothes line' Aurie & I got for Decoration/gift for Emily & Anna.
Thanks Aurie for helping me do this-you are one of the best people I've ever planned anything with-it was fun!


2 comments:

Lyndee W. said...

It's always fun to genuinely surprise someone! As far as why it's called Caesarean...no one knows for sure. Three possibilities are:

1) From "Lex Caesarea," which may have been a Roman legal code including a law requiring a baby to be cut from its mother's womb in the case that the mother died during childbirth.

2) From a (possibly untrue) story that one of Julius Caesar's ancestors was delivered this way.

3) Could come from the latin word "caedere," which means "to cut."

Was that TOO much history? LOL

Angelina Christina said...

I LOVE IT!! THANKS-the more history the better. The story I heard in my Roman History class was that Caeser himself was delivered that way