CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Cutie Pies



Lissy is getting so big. She speaks in whole sentences and makes herself understood most of the time now. She is becoming the little nurturer. If a baby is in the room she is right there-giving it a binkie, swinging it, giving it kisses, or just watching. She also is carrying baby dolls around, dressing them, and rocking them.

Lissy has started 'praying'. About 3 wks ago Mason, Elise and I were eating breakfast and Mason asked if he could say the prayer. Lissy chimed in and said 'I pray, I pray'. So I would say a sentence and she would repeat it-about half were understandably the same as I had said. Now she wants to pray about once or twice a week, and she chimes in and out of prayers two or three times a week, saying one or two sentences then not saying anything more.

Mason is learning to swim, and he had to use those skills last Wednesday. He was throwing a ball to me at the other end of the pool. As I looked down to get the ball I heard my friend, Hollie gasp and I looked up to see Mason in the deep end of the pool struggling to get his head out of the water. I ran/swam as fast as I could to him while shouting 'KICK, KICK!!' He was able to doggie paddle enough to get his head out of the water to get short breaths of air and he stayed up. If he hadn't learned to doggie paddle and get breaths of air I'm not sure I could have gotten to him soon enough. I'm so grateful to Hannah for teaching him to swim and to the Lord for making the preparations so that he would be safe.







Well we're going to be in trouble with our little girl in about 10yrs. About a month ago, my friend Aurie-the primary president, told me that she looked into nursery to check on them and saw Elise running around the table, laughing her head off while three little boys-Gavin, Landon, & Aidan chased her.






On Sunday June 28th Aurie was making announcements in Primary. She announced the 4th of July Stake fireside. Mason raised his hand and asked 'What time is that at again?' '7pm', she replied. 'Oh, we can't come! That's my sister's bed time. Can you talk to my mom to see if we can go?' Aurie just laughed, while all the adults in the room tried not too, and agreed to talk to me.



0 comments: