CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, July 6, 2009

July 3-4th 2009











July 3rd we invited Grandpa & Grandma Barton and the Horlocker's over for a BBQ.


After we went to the Stake Patriotic Fireside w/ Aurie and had fireworks back at our house afterwards, the Matthews showed up for the grand finale and ice cream.



























-Lissy sat in Mommies lap and when she got scared of the fireworks she would tighten up her whole body. So mommie would hold her tight and say over and over 'I got you, I got you'. Now whenever she gets scared she will say to herself, 'I got you, I got you' and sometimes will put her arms around herself.

July 4Th we went to Lake Mead and enjoyed the cool water.




























That evening we were going to go on base with Aurie, but it didn't work out so we went to Aliante Park to watch fireworks. It was strange and fun to celebrate our nations birthday with a tons of people-though all strangers.

Holidays have been very different and a little difficult for me since we've moved here-no family to celebrate with. But in some ways I think we are closer as a family








Elise did great staying up so late and even enjoyed the fireworks, 'Pretty, mommie, look Pretty!'



Mason has started learning how to play a game on mommies phone and is getting fairly good. I think it's good once in awhile for his hand/eye coordination.











My Handsome Men!










0 comments: