We loved watching General Conference this year, but we got a whole new experience by not living in Utah-we had to watch it on the computer screen. We don't have any T.V. hooked up, we couldn't find any radio station that broadcasted it, so we were left with the computer.
As you can see, we tried to make ourselves as comfortable as possible (notice the pillow behind John). We only have one chair & not a lot of space as the desk is built in at the top of the staircase (I actually took these pictures while standing on the stairs. And if you're wondering about the mess in the first picture-I love to scrapbook while listening to conference. Mason kept wanting to help by cutting up all my paper-he loves scissors).
John kept wondering why Mason needed to stay up during afternoon Conferences rather than take his regular nap. But I feel that now is the time to instill the habit, I mean, if he doesn't need to watch/listen to Conference at 3 why doesn't he when he's 13? Right? Something must be sinking in a little. Does anybody else wonder how our parents always seemed to know what to do & now that we're parents we don't know what the right answers are? John & I question our parenting skills constantly--I feel like our nightly talks are always questioning on how to be good parents & if this or that is the right way. As Mason gets older it only seems to get harder for us.
Oh the Pressure
12 years ago



1 comments:
It's difficult being a parent, isn't it? Hang in there; have faith and continue to teach correct principles. BTW I agree with you about the Conference thing...Sean is required to watch every session with us too.
Post a Comment