CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, April 14, 2008

Weekend excursion

We were able to go on a weekend outing two weeks ago. We tried to go a new way to Lake Mead & found The Valley of Fire instead! It was so much fun. We hiked around, had a picnic out of the back of the SUV, & Elise got her first hiking trip carried in her pack by Daddy-she loved it and every other hiker was jealous of her being carried.


Mason loved hiking around the rocks & hiding in the little caves, though he didn't like me helping him get 'way up high' once he got up there and couldn't get down. The park reminded me of hiking in Snow Canyon in St. George when I was a kid-which were some of the best times!

I love being able to create these kinds of memories for my kids (okay, kid 'cause Elise won't remember it, but it's still good times)


Mason hated waiting for us, he would take off running down the trails. Even after he fell we couldn't get him to stop running (John got upset a little til I reminded him that he ran everywhere when he was yound too) We are trying to give him a little bit more independence, but it's so hard knowing what & when. I'm a little more laid back in giving Mas his freedom and John's uptight & protective. But I'm the hard-nosed one when it comes to cleanliness issues-though I'm working on that.

This was fun, they call it Elephant Rock. If you look closely you can see the Elephant, John and the kids are standing between his trunk and his front leg.







3 comments:

Lyndee W. said...

That sounds like such a fun weekend! Even little vacations feel wonderful, huh?

Heidi said...

Hey hey hey...... That is where I grew up. Beautiful country. I'm not sure when it is, but there is a marathon that runs through there maybe you could run that marathon......... or maybe you should sign up John :-)...

Angelina Christina said...

Sounds like a plan (the only problems is neither John or I run-we're too old & lazy). We would totally train for it if it were a bike marathon though. It is gorgeous country (which town are you from again?)